Ep. 8 Searching for a Unicorn: Finding an Appropriate Outside Service ProviderDec 27, 2022
Many students with dyslexia can benefit from having extra support outside of their individualized learning plan. If you’re unhappy with the quality or quantity of services your child is receiving at school, it might be time to look into a private dyslexia instructor.
In this episode, I explain step-by-step how to connect with the right service provider for your child. I break down what you should look for in terms of credentials and share key questions to ask during a consultation.
I also talk about how professionals typically craft a well-rounded view of your child’s abilities through test scores. Finally, I discuss what you can expect in terms of cost and where to find providers in your area.
- The different umbrella terms that dyslexia specialists use to define their job title
- A list of the most well-known accredited programs
- The #1 most important factor to consider before signing on with someone
- The current average price for a private session in the US
- The simplest way to get a great lead on local resources
- Orton-Gillingham Academy Provider Directory
- The Literacy Nest Tutor Directory
- International Dyslexia Association Accredited Program List
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
When you sign up for our mailing list, you'll receive our monthly newsletters, new podcast episode announcements, and every so often we'll let you know about our products and services. We will never sell your email address!