Ep 4. Dyslexia Diagnosis Evaluations - What should they include?Sep 28, 2022
Dyslexia diagnostic evaluations are individually administered and look specifically for your child's strengths and weaknesses, and how greatly their skills differ from their peers. On today’s episode, I break down exactly what a good evaluation should include, the difference between a screening and diagnostic evaluation, and what skills the assessments look at. I also explain the information that you need to provide for your child’s evaluation, including any previous interventions and family history, as well as the sub-tests that should be included in the evaluation.
Listen to the episode on Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- The primary focus of dyslexia screenings
- What a norm-referenced assessment is and how it’s used in dyslexia evaluations
- Why the evaluator needs to know if your child’s school has previously tried any interventions
- The most commonly used assessments
- Examples of the three areas of phonological processing that you child should be tested on
- Skills and subjects outside of reading and writing that should be evaluated
- Visit my website
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join me on Facebook
- Download my FREE guide: Dyslexia Defined
Subscribe to the Literacy Untangled Podcast today and never miss and episode!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.