Ep. 20 Dyslexia and Summer Therapy - Yes or No?May 26, 2023
Research has shown that many children, especially dyslexic children, will lose reading skills over the summer without some support. If your child has been working hard with a dyslexia therapist after school all year and is doing really well, you need to think about what the fall will look like for your child based on the decisions you make for them in the summer.
In this episode, I outline some options that make it possible for you to balance your child’s summer. There are many ways to make this work for you, your family, and your child. Ultimately, it is a personal decision and you should trust your parent-gut.
- Ways to find balance over the summer
- The common setbacks for most dyslexic students who take the summer off
- Defining your main priorities and goals for your family
- Summer camps that blend fun and academics
- Balancing therapy sessions and family time
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.