Ep. 11 Dyslexia, ADHD or Both?Jan 16, 2023
Dyslexia and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have a lot of overlap. It can be difficult to tell if your child is struggling because of dyslexia or ADHD. In this episode, I highlight the signs and symptoms of ADHD and look at the common threads and differences between the two disorders.
It's estimated that 30% of students with dyslexia also have ADHD, but there’s no evidence that one causes the other. I’ve seen first-hand how direct instruction and support of executive function skills is extremely valuable for students experiencing dyslexia, ADHD, or both. Listen in to learn some strategies and coping mechanisms that are beneficial across the board.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- Common behavioral and cognitive characteristics of ADHD
- What to do if your child demonstrates signs of ADHD
- Symptoms that people with dyslexia and ADHD tend to have in common
- How to tell the difference between dyslexia and ADHD
- What to expect from educational services that target ADHD and dyslexia
- Download our PDF "12 Questions (with answers) to ask at the next Dyslexia IEP meeting"
- LINK TO EP. 10 WHEN IT’S LIVE
Subscribe to the Literacy Untangled Podcast today and never miss and episode!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.