Ep 1. Dyslexia DefinedSep 15, 2022
Welcome to the first episode of Literacy Untangled! Today, I’m breaking down the International Dyslexia Association’s definition of dyslexia and describing the outcomes of someone living with this neurological disability.
One in five people is diagnosed with dyslexia, but what does it actually mean? In short, it unexpectedly affects a person's ability to process written language and can lead to problems with reading comprehension, limited vocabulary, and limited background knowledge. Tune in to learn more about what dyslexia is and how it shows up in learning environments.
- What a neurobiological disability is
- Examples of seeing and processing information differently
- Why people with dyslexia often struggle with reading comprehension
- What is included (and excluded) under the umbrella of Specific Learning Disabilities
- Characteristics and consequences of dyslexia
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
When you sign up for our mailing list, you'll receive our monthly newsletters, new podcast episode announcements, and every so often we'll let you know about our products and services. We will never sell your email address!